NATIONAL garage chain Servicesure has crowned Thanet garage A1 Motorist Centre the Autocentre of the Year in its annual awards.
The Kent business beat stiff competition from a growing Servicesure network comprising 557 independent garages across England, Scotland and Wales in the fourth annual Servicesure Autocentre of the Year Awards.
The event took place on 14 October at Coombe Abbey in Coventry, bringing together nominees for this year’s awards, event sponsors and representatives from leading motor factor The Parts Alliance, which runs Servicesure.
A1 Motorist Centre Ltd Owner Adam Rogers said: “It’s nice to have recognition for what we do, which is always offering a personal, honest and trustworthy service with good advice. We have several customers who live 60 miles away and one who’s even in Holland who travel regularly to use us, so it’s something we’re proud of.
“We couldn’t have got to where we are and have won this award without the support of our local SCMF Thanet branch. I used to work in motor factoring, so I understand the pressures and the challenges, and I appreciate their service and the hoops they jump through for me all the more for it. They always keep it personal and friendly, and they really have been key to our success.”
The team at A1 have form for success in Servicesure’s awards, having previously won the Autocentre of the Year for the South Region in 2019.
Head of Garage Programmes at Servicesure Paul Dineen said: “This was a richly deserved win for Adam and the team at A1. Over the last year, they have demonstrated consistently outstanding service to a standard where customers will travel significant distances for services, maintenance and repairs.
“A1 are a professional and passionate team who are committed to providing a transparent, friendly and trustworthy experience for their customers. This is a business that sets a shining example not just to our Servicesure network, but to independent garages across the UK.”
Servicesure is owned and operated by leading motor factor The Parts Alliance, with all member garages adhering to strict levels of quality and service.
The 2021 Autocentre of the Year awards were sponsored by a number of valued Servicesure partners, including Autotech Group, Bollington Insurance, Bumper, Comma, Fiserv, Garage Services Online, Johnson Workwear, The IMI, Purple, Slicker Recycling, The Motor Ombudsman and Yuasa.
The full list of winners is as follows:
- National Autocentre of the Year: A1 Motorist Centre Ltd
- The Motor Ombudsman Customer Service Award: M M Auto Services Ltd
- Business Services Supplier of the Year: Bollington
- Region’s Autocentre of the Year: Kilgannon Motors Ltd
- Runner-up for Region’s Autocentre of the Year: M M Auto Services Ltd
- Region’s Newcomer of the Year: Kinellar Garage Ltd
- North and East Midlands
- Region’s Autocentre of the Year: Meadowfield Auto Centre
- Runner-up for Region’s Autocentre of the Year: Marc’s Garage Ltd
- Region’s Newcomer of the Year: Wilford Lane Garage and Auto Centre
- Region’s Autocentre of the Year: A1 Motorist Centre Ltd
- Runner-up for Region’s Autocentre of the Year: K & S Autoservices
- Region’s Newcomer of the Year: Hillclimb Garage
- West Midlands and Wales
- Region’s Autocentre of the Year: Solihull Vehicle Service Centre Ltd
- Runner-up for Region’s Autocentre of the Year: Cefni Garage
- Region’s Newcomer of the Year: Clarks4Landys
- Servicesure Sales Manager of the Year: Ben Spencer
- The Parts Alliance Region of the Year: Regional Director Matt Warren – North Wales, Merseyside and Cheshire Region